After reviewing proposals from Learning Management System(LMS) vendors, Ryerson has selected two LMS systems for further evaluation by the Ryerson community. They are:
Community Test Drive
We are inviting students, faculty and staff to participate in a test drive and exploration of the two finalists. Our goal is to gather your feedback so that we can make a well informed choice in the Fall term.
To test drive the two systems, please log into the my.ryerson.ca portal and click on the LMS Test Drive tab. It contains the links to the test drive systems, documentation, schedules for lunch & learn and facilitated hands-on events. You will also find a link to our sign-up sheet to participate in focus groups and a form to request your own course shell in each system.
- Summer to mid Fall 2014 — Test drive of the finalists; this includes user testing, integration testing, customization testing, use case testing, etc.
- Sometime in the Fall 2014 — Select and announce the winner
- Mid to late Fall 2014 — Finalize contracts and plan for pilot testing
- Winter 2015 term — Pilot testing with a group of courses
- Summer 2015 term — Preparation for full implementation; this includes full migration and training
- Fall 2015 term — Full implementation of the selected LMS and retirement of the Blackboard system.
The selection of a new Learning Management System for Ryerson is part of the Learning and Teaching Systems and Services Consultation sponsored by the Advisory Committee on Academic Computing (ACAC).
Update (2014, 07, 24)
In response to requests, the full-text of the LMS Request for Proposal is now attached to this post:
The document contains 49 pages of requirements and specifications, including ten pages of detailed use cases that vendors had to respond to. The information requested of vendors was largely compiled from faculty, staff, and student input to this consultation blog, our online survey, written submissions (for example from HR) and with additional input from the Digital Education Strategies group in the Chang School, and other members of the Learning and Teaching Systems and Services Consultation subcommittee of the Advisory Committee on Academic Computing.
If you have questions regarding the consultation process please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org